Our proprietary peptide technology platform is based on a series of tools and methods which allow us to discover and develop structurally novel oral or injectable peptides as potential product candidates. The platform utilizes these tools and techniques in an integrated and iterative manner in synergy with our deep-rooted knowledge in peptide chemistry, which allows us to arrive at a product with the desired potency, selectivity, oral or plasma stability, PK, and physicochemical properties. These tools and techniques include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Molecular design tools and large virtual libraries of constrained scaffolds, collectively known as Vectrix™: Allows for the de novo selection of peptide scaffolds as starting points against specific targets.
- Random libraries and phage display techniques: Allows for the discovery and optimization of peptide hits.
- Oral stability assays: In vitro and ex vivo assays and systems that simulate chemical and biological mechanisms, and physical barriers that constrained peptides must overcome for oral stability.
- Medicinal peptide chemistry: Allows optimization and refinement of potency, selectivity, oral stability and GI restriction.
- In vivo pharmacology models for GI restriction: Tools to quantify compound concentrations and activity in various GI tissue compartments to develop oral products with GI stability and minimal systemic exposure.
To date, our platform has generated two oral antagonist peptide candidates,